Thursday, April 29, 2010

Status Quo but looking up.

Hello,

My wife and I are going through a divorce right now. For the record I want to say I love my wife very much and always will. We both also love our 4 kids as well. This isn't a rip on my wife blog, this is the journey of a painful divorce blog. My wife is an amazing woman and I always will think so. I also write about music every once-in-a-while :)

I haven't written a blog for a couple of days. I've been working by myself this week in my new job. For the most part things are going good, but there's still a bit of a learning curve. It's a very good job that is a very good fit for me. We are in the slow time of the month now, I get a 3 day weekend this week!

Tomorrow my wife and I are going to go see a divorce lawyer and hopefully finalize the divorce decree. This marriage could only be saved by a miracle. Instead of wallowing in it, it's time for both of us to move on. Hopefully in a month I'll be able to report the divorce is final. Thanks to all those that have been such a big support in this process. You guys have been invaluable.

Also tomorrow night I'll be going to eat dinner with friends and some of my kids. Then some of my kids will be staying over at my parent's house with me. The Jazz also play tomorrow night with the chance to move to the second round of the NBA Playoffs. If they make it that far, they've already made it further than I expected.

Pop culture thoughts. "FlashForward" is on tonight. I love that show.

Sioban Magnus getting kicked off of "American Idol" makes me sad. I haven't watched the last 3 weeks, but she was one of my favorite contestants. Its the same as last season: 4 guys and a women. (Wasn't that an 80's movie?) For the guys we have left Lee Dewyze (good), Casey James (good), Micheal Lynche (mediocre and I'm not sure how he's still around) and Aaron Kelly (seriously how's he still around? Damn tweens!) We then have the only remaining woman left in the competition Crystal "The Power of" Bowersox. I don't even care if she wins at this point. She'll be the most commercial of all this season's contestants easily. I think she'll also be the best. I've heard some of it's original music and it's pretty good. Google it if you want to check it out. Honestly other than Casey or Sioban I don't see a potential breakout star in this bunch.

I've listened to Daughtry's recent CD "Leave This Town", I've got to say Chris has had some bad relationships. His "Over You" was probably the most popular song off their/ his first CD. Then it seems all the songs on his new CD are about broken relationships. Dude go see a therapist. (By the way I was able to see my therapist yesterday, but she irritated me a bit. But I know that's part of her job and I'll get over it.)

I'm currently trying to read three books right now: Tom Clancy's "Red Rabbit", Sarah Blake's "The Postmistress" and Robert McCammon's "Swan Song". I just started "Swan Song" last night and a very hard time putting it down.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites