Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day feels so appropriate

Hello,

(Disclaimer: as always I think my wife is an amazing woman, so is my mother.)

Today has been a very bad day, a very very bad day. (And it has nothing to do with Tim Urban still being on "AI" over the gorgeous Didi Benami. What the hell?) My Mom brought up lawyers last night, I was thinking about that throughout the night. That's what happens when you can't sleep. I don't think my wife is out to get me, I didn't want to involve lawyers. However I've been a wimp over the last several years and am stuck in between two very, very strong women. My wife and my mother are two of the strongest women I know. At this point of tremendous loss I've finally decided to stand up for myself going forward. I may step on some toes and hurt some feelings but I need to do the best thing. I'm not out to screw anyone, but I just can't give in every time. Even though I'm in my weakest state now, I need to learn to be strong.

The following song explains that a bit, Christina Aguilera's "Fighter".

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=PstrAfoMKlc


Regrets I've had a few, if I could do it all over again (when I do it all over again)

1) I'd make my wife feel just as special in our 16th, or whatever number of year in our marriage as on our first day of marriage. I'll never stop courting or romancing whoever the Lord brings next into my life. I want to be one of those husbands that when I die, everyone will say they could always see how much I loved my wife and they were jealous. Hindsight is one mean brutal realization.

2) Am I always going to guarantee that I will always have the best job, that I will never get wrapped up in a problem to the detriment of those in my life? No! However what I'll do is to seek help when its called for. Help for me personally and help for my family. (If you are battling something like ADHD, an eating disorder etc get help now. Don't wait until you hurt yourself or someone else!)

3) I'll always be an active participant in the lives of those who are important to me. That includes my my future wife, my parents, my brother and his family, my soon-to-be-ex wife and our amazing kids.

4) The following goes up with the above paragraphs. I'll no longer be so self-involved that I miss the warning signs. I won't miss a hurting partner or child.
I will always be there.

5) I'll not settle for a mediocre life, I will do what is needed to provide the best life possible for all those people depending on me. I'll not lack the motivation. To ensure that happens, I'm working on it with an excellent therapist. She's helping me resolve issues caused by my ADHD. The same thing that sunk our marriage has sunk my jobs, both of those things come from not learning how to deal effectively with my ADHD. I need to learn how to be effective despite my ADHD and not try to avoid dealing with it.

6) I won't let up on my church responsibilities again. I want to take my next wife to be married in the Holy Temple for time and all eternity. I will use the Priesthood to bless her lives and all other significant people in our lives. I'm setting apart our middle son in a couple of weekends. I'm also taking my oldest boys to attend Saturday night's Priesthood session. I'm then going to take them for ice cream after wards. It's very important and consistent with the gospel to have happiness in this life. "Men are that they might have joy."

7) I'll always stand up for my family and anyone else who needs it.

8) I'll work on my tendency to write run on sentences. :)

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites