Thursday, March 11, 2010

Divorce proceedings, beginning to begin again

Hello,

My wife asked for a divorce a couple of days ago. I've been sad the last two days and obviously continue to be sad. We're starting the process of discussing how we're going to divide things today. We are also probably telling the kids today about the divorce. My soon to be ex-wife was filling out the paperwork last night.

I'm going to cancel my gym membership today, the gym was right next to my old house. I've updated my address information on the resumes I'm sending out to where I'm living now.

The thing that sucks the most about this is instead of being able to see my kids 7 days a week, I'll now be seeing them 1 or 2 days a week. Also the courts will be telling me when I can see my kids. I've also heard that men get the shaft in this process. I have a feeling I'll be writing some irritated diatribes as we go through this long process.

If we are getting a divorce, let's just get it over with so we can get on with our lives. I also think that will limit damage to our kids, which is our most important consideration here.

Losing my job, my wife and my family in two weeks wow that is the definition of devastation. I can live without working for Verizon Wireless, but the other two are debilitating. This whole thing just sucks!

I would also like to thank my brother-in-law for letting me keep the car he gave us. That's awesome.

The silver lining in the black cloud, is that the Spirit of the Holy Ghost has been with me. It has been guiding me and prompting me. I haven't felt the influence of it in my life this much in a long time. I hadn't turned into a bad person, but I had let some things slip that I should not have let slip. Now I'm getting back on the right track. I'm reading the scriptures on a regular basis, praying with a lot more conviction, fasting for help with answers and getting myself ready to go back to the temple. I'm so grateful for my religion and faith in a not so good time now.

I went up to the soon to be ex-wife and we talked about 40 minutes. The splitting up of property went pretty well because we don't have much. We were suppose to tell our kids about the divorce today. I would have had to wait 40 minutes for all my kids to get home and I just couldn't do that. It was just too painful for me, I ended up leaving. It's painful as my wife said our marriage was "16 years of bullcrap". Our 16th anniversary is on June 11th. Hey maybe if everything works out we can have our divorce official that day.

It would be one thing if I still didn't love her so damn much, but I do. I have got fired, went through bankruptcy and now getting divorced all in a few months. How can it get worse. Some might say I could die, but honestly at this point that may be a relief. How do people rebound from situations like this?

Man this sucks!

Stay tuned, themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites