Thursday, March 18, 2010

FlashForward/ BYU Just Barely Basketball

Hello,

The excellent show "FlashForward" returns tonight. The first 10 episodes were shown back in the fall. Catch up on all 10 past episodes on abc.com. Episode 11 will be shown tonight. Check it out, it really is a good show. Surprisingly tonight's show is a two hour show. Thank goodness for the DVR. If you haven't seen any of the shows so far and want a primer go to ew.com. Although if I watch it live, I could flip back and forth between that and the NCAA Tournament. Locally the game shown will be the MWC team San Diego State playing Tennessee.

I'm sorry if my blogs have been too sad lately, my mind has just been wrapped up in losing my marriage. It's hard to think of much else. I'm trying to move on as much as I can. How does one do that after 16 years of marriage though?

I was impressed with Orianthi's performance of "According To You" last night on "American Idol". That's a pretty rocking song. I like that she's a true rock chick, that includes she can play a pretty mean guitar. We need more woman rockers like her. Other great female rockers include Hayley Williams of Paramore, Lacey (no last name given) from Flyleaf and for the old school fans Joan Jett. Also Pink kicks some butt. I checked out Orianthi's CD and it's pretty good.

Right now I'm watching BYU play Florida in the NCAA Tournament. Go Cougs! This game went into double overtime, BYU you have got to win this game! BYU be glad you didn't lose in regulation or the first overtime. Florida had the ball last with a tie game in both regulation and the end of the first overtime. However Florida's play calls weren't the best. Not only that but BYU played fantastic defense.

The game went into second overtime and thank goodness for my mental health, Jimmer Fredette and Michael Loyd Jr. stepped up to give BYU the win. After 27 years BYU finally is advancing to the second round of the NCAA Tournament. They'll play a very tough Kansas State team in all likelihood in the NCAA's second round. If BYU can somehow find a way to win that game, they'll advance to the Sweet Sixteen. BYU you now must play much better to even have a chance to beat Kansas State. BYU then would probably play Syracuse in the Sweet Sixteen game. That game will be held in Salt Lake at the Energy Solutions Arena, the Jazz's usual home court.

In fact BYU is one of four teams from the Mountain West Conference that made the NCAA Tournament. The other three MWC teams also play later today. I'm hoping that the MWC can finish at least 2-2 today. It was fantastic that BYU could start the MWC off with a win today in the NCAAs.

News out today that Jesse James and Sandra Bullock may be ending their five year marriage. That's incredibly sad as it seems both are pretty cool people. Jesse and Sandra Bullock believe me I understand what exactly you're going through. At least you don't have kids, not being able to see them as much as one wants is just additional pain.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites