Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Non "American Idol" random thoughts, Go Red Wings

Hello,

Even though the USA lost in the gold medal hockey game to Canada, I was fired up that game. That was one of the best hockey games I've ever seen. (Nothing probably will ever beat the USA beating the U.S.S.R. in 1980. That game was fantastic even though it was on tape delay and I already knew who had won.) Two of my favorite players were Buffalo Sabre goalie Ryan Miller and Detroit Red Wings' defenseman Brian Rafalski. (Red Wings: why do you not have a Rafalski jersey for sale?) After conferring with my sister-in-law, the biggest hockey fan I know, I chose the Detroit Red Wings to be my team. Nobody can claim I'm a bandwagon jumper, as they are in 8th place in the NHL's Western Conference. They are 1 point ahead of the 9th seed and 1 point behind the 7th seed.

They're getting healthy and still have 20 games to improve their playoff position. Detroit needs to win more games in overtime, they have 12 overtime losses. They are tied with the Dallas Stars for the lead in that stat in the NHL. Yes, it makes a difference as wins count as two points and overtime losses only count for 1 point. I actually watched about half of their game against the Colorado Avalanche last night. I didn't realize how fast the NHL game was played, it's faster than Olympic hockey.

"Flash Forward"

Lee Child's Jack Reacher books.

BYU basketball:

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites