Monday, March 22, 2010

Nice words from friends, Wife playlist.

Hello,

I've been hearing some feedback that I'm saying bad things about my ex-wife. Please in anyway do not take anything I write as negative to her. She's a really good person, I wouldn't be in love with her if she wasn't. The marriage didn't work for her. We are both moving on, I'm hopefully within in a year will be back to whole. I'm in no hurry to meet someone else, I think I will chill for awhile. If the Lord brings someone into my life, I'm not going to turn it down. But at least for awhile I'm not going to seek her out either. Right now I live with my parents, have no job etc. I don't think too many hotties would be impressed with that. I'm going to have to meet a hottie who already has a house. With alimony, child support, helping to pay the mortgage and trying to keep our kids fed and clothed I'll be lucky to have any money left over for myself. But hey at least I should have my temple recommend tomorrow. The metaphorical sun is beginning to come out.

First of all I received an e-mail via facebook.com from someone I use to work with a long time ago. He had a lot of nice things to say, here's an excerpt I feel is particularly helpful.

"I know it sounds kind of cheesy but, things do and will get better. Just stay close to the Lord and the Spirit will guide you. The gospel is about second chances. And the Savior died for us so that we could right our wrongs and have a new go at it. So even though it may all seem lost now, it is far from over." (I have made a few minor changes from the original.)

Thanks Chris that helped a lot.

Here's another one this is from a girl I shared a lot of laughs with when we worked together. She's truly one of the coolest people I have ever met. For their wedding line, they had a cardboard cutout of Jean-Luc Picard.

"Craig, I've been where you are now and the sun WILL shine again. It's painful and Satan is lurking to attack during your vulnerability. The most important thing is to stay faithful and close to Heavenly Father. He will guide you. He hears your prayers and knows your heart. I am truly so sorry. " (I've made a few minor changes from the original.)

Thanks Heather, it's amazing how many people have gotten divorced. What is the deal with that?

You've got my side of the store, go to my wife's blog to read her side. I try to be as impartial as possible which is very hard in the end of a long relationship.

http://thediaryofacrazywoman.com/?p=955#comment-891

One of the cool things about iTunes is that you can create playlists for certain situations or people. For instance, I have a playlist for my daughter and oldest son, and until recently I had one for my wife. I have playlists for when I'm happy, angry or just want to dance. I was thinking about it and have decided to create a playlist on my blog. These are songs that feel right about the whole length of our relationship, not just now.

Here's a few of the songs:

"You Decorated My Life"- Kenny Rogers
"The Breakup Song (They Don't Write 'Em)"- The Greg Kihn Band
"If This Is It"- Huey Lewis and the News
"Nothing Compares To You"- Sinead O'Connor. Truly another great, great song, Sinead is awesome.
"I Need Your Love In My Life"- Solomon Burke
"Romeo and Juliet"- Dire Straits Another amazing song, one of Dire Straits best.
"The Search Is Over"- Survivor The search was over until I blew it.
"All Out of Love"- Air Supply
"Good Times, Bad Times"- Led Zeppelin That's a perfect title for our marriage and probably a lot of other marriages.
"Waitin' On A Woman"- Brad Paisley
"There Is A Light That Never Goes Out"- The Smiths
"How Soon Is Now?" The Smiths
"Traffic"- Marie Digby
"In Your Eyes"- Peter Gabriel
"With or Without You", "One" and "All I Want Is You"- U2
"Baby Hold On"- The Dixie Chicks
"You Were Always On My Mind"- Willie Nelson
"I Showed Her"- Alabama
"When Doves Cry"- Prince
"Harden My Heart"- Quarterflash
"Had It All"- Katherine McPhee
"She's Every Woman"- Garth Brooks
"Bad Romance"- Lady Gaga

And please dearest wife stay away from men that would give you lines like in the following song for alterior motives.

"Come On Eileen"- Dexy's Midnight Runners

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites