Saturday, March 20, 2010

The pain of divorce, Part 2 (of probably about 1,000,000 parts

Hello,

The fact that we are actually getting a divorce is sinking in. My soon-to-be-ex is moving on with her life with seemingly little problem. She says she's been going through this for several months, whereas I've only been going through it a couple of weeks. I however am having some serious issues dealing with this. Part of my issue is not only do I miss my wife but I also miss my kids. I'm grateful that my wife is letting me see the kids two or three days a week. Thanks!

We'll probably be legally divorced in about 6 weeks. The thought of dating again and my wife dating again both are killing me. I'll be jealous of whoever she's dating and as for me I have no desire to reenter the dating jungle. That's what it is too. I have seen some people that are single and looking for a partner or spouse. None of them much appeal to me. (I know what are you thinking, that you musicaddict don't appeal to them either. Believe me that is okay.) I already have 4 kids I really don't want any step kids. I don't want to deal with a new woman's ex. The thrill of the chase will be fun again if I can find someone that attracts my interest that much. I hope that person is out there.

But I'm not really thinking about that now. I still have some serious healing to do to get over the enormous amount of pain I'm in now. Thankfully my Mom is helping me pay for a counseler. My first session is Wednesday. That's going to be a big help, not only am I losing my wife but I'm losing my best friend. I'm not a real social person and don't do small talk well. I'm hoping in about a year I will be fully recovered. When I return to writing more about music than the divorce you'll know I'm truly on the path to full recovery.

Thanks again to the future ex for letting me come over to her house and staying overnight, she went and stayed at her Mom's house. I was able to hang out with my kids from about 4:15 yesterday to about 3:00 today. I get to hang out with my oldest boy until Monday afternoon. I was able to spend the weekend with my other three kids last week.

I may or may not add more to this blog today, I'll keep you up-to-date though. I will continue to have non-divorce blogs in the future.

Just a couple of quick music notes. I've been listening to Orianthi's "Believe" CD on napster.com. I would highly reccomend, especially if you liked her "According To You" she sang on "American Idol" last week. (I won't even mention Kesha's terrible performance. Her performance was worse than my divorce.)

I'm also listening to Jimi Hendrix's "new" CD "Valleys of Neptune". Admittedly I'm a big Hendrix fan and I love this CD. A lot of these songs, if not all of them, appeared on previous Hendrix CD's. It's still a good getting to know Jimi sampler.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites