Sunday, March 7, 2010

March 7th, 2010 "AI" Top 24

Hello,

Not to get too religious but I went to church today and it was such a cleansing experience. I'm grateful to be able to do that, it helps remind me the things I need to do.

Top 24

24) Luke Shaffer (last week: 20), he's still on this list based solely on his audition. If he made it to Hollywood he was invisible. His "Fall For You" was one of my favorite auditions of the season. I hope we see him again someday.

23) Tyler Grady (last week: 15), I like his vibe. While other people sing James Morrison songs, he'd sing Jim Morrison songs. Either Morrison is fine with me.

22) Tasha Layton (last week: 19), again I don't understand how she didn't make the Top 24. She didn't even make the final 59 or whatever. Let's hope she brings her "Baby, Baby, Baby" back next year and tries out again.

21) Hope Johnson (last week: 18), an early #1 this season, but another contestant that didn't get out of Hollywood. I hope we hear her amazing voice again someday, if not "AI", hopefully somewhere else.

20) Tim Urban (last week: 30), he's this high because he's still in the competition somehow. Although I think this will be his last week. He'll be joining Michael Lynche on the way home soon.

19) Todrick Hall (last week: 10), he's taking the Jermaine Sellers elevator out of the competition. He started out high, he was as high as #2. He has dropped quickly in these rankings. He needs to kick butt this week or he's in danger of going home.

18) Haeley Vaughn (last week: 21), yes I realize she rises in this poll even though she got sent home. I like her spirit and thinks she sings "The Climb" better than Miley Cyrus.

17) Lacey Brown (last week: 16), girlfriend you better be awesome this week or it's highly likely you'll be going home. I think you dodged a bullet last week. You need to choose a song similar to "What A Wonderful World" to highlight the strengths of your voice. Stay faraway from "Landslide". I still have hope for you.

16) Ashley Rodriguez, (last week: 9), I know she's not in the competition but .... I wish she was. See #15. We'll always have "If I Ain't Got You".

15) Janeel Wheeler (last week: 8). I wish you also were still in the competition. We'll always have "House of the Rising Sun" and "American Boy".

14) Micheal Lynche (last week: 23) his best performance by far, but he's still not going to win.

13) Michelle Delamor (last week: 4) the striking, sparkly singer did not impress with song choice last week. Her "With Arms Wide Open" wasn't good. It also didn't help her how little screen time she received before the live performances. Both she and Paige Miles should have received more screen time than Mary Powers.

12) Lilly Scott (last week: 17), she's this high more because of her potential. It's that potential more than anything else. I didn't like her "A Change Is Gonna Come". Just like Lacey Brown you need to sing a song that highlights your voice. A song similar to "Lullaby of Birdland" that you sang previously would be good.

11) Aaron Kelly (last week: 12). Stick with the country songs like "Here Comes Goodbye" and skip "My Girl". With Rascal Flatts like songs you can go far, with Temptation like songs you would be eliminated much earlier. What I'm trying to say is don't give into the Temptations.

10) Didi Benami (last week: 7), again she's so high because of potential. She has my #1 best performance of the season so far. Her "Terrified" during Hollywood was fantastic. Her audition take of "Hey Jude" was also pretty amazing. Stay far away from slowed down arrangements of songs that are suppose to be uplifting. See "Lean On Me".

9) Paige Miles (last week: 14). Although the judges didn't like her "Walk Away", I did. I just don't know how much longer she's going to be around.

8) Katie Stevens (last week: 5), she has had two disappointing live performances so far. Both "Put Your Records On" and "Feelin' Good" weren't great. You need to go back to the level of "For Once In My Life" or it's going to be over quickly. You'll still probably make the Top 12, but not too much further after that at the rate you are going.

7) Alex Lambert (last week: 29), I love, love his voice. However that mullet has got to go. I just don't see him winning the whole thing, he should make the Top 12 though due to the weakness of the men's field.

6) Casey James (last week: 13), again every time I see him he looks like he would not be any good. His audition round was about what I expected the best to come from him. However his "I Don't Wanna Be" ruled. I also absolutely loved his blazing guitar solo. It's not just the Cougar that likes him. Either him or Lee Dewyze had the men's best vocal performance.

5) Lee Dewyze (last week: 11), his "Lips of an Angel" was awesome. That's a great song and he sang it well. This is another song I now know about because someone sang it on "American Idol". Thanks Lee.

4) Katelyn Epperly (last week: 3), "The Scientist" was not a rocket scientist choice for song selection. I still think that her "Oh Darling" was the best performance for her by far. She was awesome with that. I think she'll go far.

3) Sioban Magnus (last week: 6), her take on Aretha Franklin's "Think" quite simply was awesome. The "dark horse" looks likes she could be a contender. I just wish she would pick much better looking clothes.

2) Crystal Bowersox (last week: 1). I wasn't overwhelmed by "As Long As I Can See The Light". I prefer her original songs that you can now find at mjsbigblog.com. They are called "Farmer's Daughter" and "Holy Toledo". Remember the old saying, never judge a song by it's title. If she has performances like her originals, I think she can win. She doesn't really fit in with the typical "AI" contestant though.

1) Andrew Garcia (last week: 2), he's not getting enough love from the judges. However he's solid week in and week out. He's done the following: "Sunday Morning" in the auditions and "Straight Up" in Hollywood. For the first two live performances he sang "Sugar Were Going Down" and "You Give Me Something".

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites