Saturday, March 6, 2010

Topsy Turvy

Hello,

Things are a bit topsy turvy in my life. I no longer work for Verizon Wireless. I have another job lined up but it doesn't start until May. If you know of any good jobs available in the Salt Lake area please let me know. I have a family to support and obviously can't not work until the first of May. My wife and I have separated for a second time. Those two things are going on and it's been a struggle. I'm looking for a permanent job that will pay well and will give me satisfaction. With Verizon Wireless I didn't get either one. Just for the record working for Verizon Wireless didn't work for me but a lot of people seem to like working there. You know the old saying when life gives you lemons make lemonade (or some such nonsense). I'm busy making a lot of lemonade and evaluating a lot of things in my life.

In job opportunities my dream job would be to write about music, sports or some other entertainment related industry. I'm willing to start out at the bottom. I have a lot of obscure music information in my head dying to get out.

Anyway what else is going on? We're closing in on the post season of the NBA and NHL. The greatest sporting event of them all is just right around the corner. That's right March Madness is only two weeks away. Go Cougars and all MWC teams that make it. Also in the MLB spring training has kicked off. Finally Major League Soccer is about to start with your defending MLS champion Real Salt Lake.

In music "AI" is down to its final 16 contestants with 4 more to be shed this week. I'll be releasing my Top 24 list tomorrow.

I've discovered some pretty cool music from "AI" contestants this year. One contestant sang John Legend's "Everybody Knows". That's a great song, it reminds me of my current life situation. I listened to the John Legend CD that song is on and it's not very good. I also discovered James Morrison, if you read my recent blog you know I think that James Morrison is the man. I also have discovered Cascada through "AI". I like it when the contestants sing something a little out of the mainstream. I think some of the best performances have come from that. I also enjoy having napster.com so that I can listen to this music free and unlimited.

Reading: I just finished reading Lee Child's "Tripwire", yet another one of the very good Jack Reacher novels Child writes. Right now I'm taking a break and am reading Jasper FForde's "The Eyre Affair", the first book in the Thursday Next book series. There are just so many good books to read. I have about 15 books I'd like to read right now.

With my wife I'm monogamous I just can't do that with books.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites