Monday, March 15, 2010

I'm Sorry/ Thank You

Hello,

I've been hearing some feedback that I'm saying bad things about my ex-wife. Please in anyway do not take anything I write as negative to her. She's a really good person, I wouldn't be in love with her if she wasn't. The marriage didn't work for her. We are both moving on, I'm hopefully within in a year will be back to whole. I'm in no hurry to meet someone else, I think I will chill for awhile. If the Lord brings someone into my life, I'm not going to turn it down. But at least for awhile I'm not going to seek her out either.

This has got to be the ultimate song of regret over the loss of love. I'm not a big Willie Nelson fan, but he sings this song perfectly. Truly one of the all-time great musical moments. S, you are still always on my mind. This song says exactly as I feel.



Maybe I didn't treat you
Quite as good as I should have
Maybe I didn't love you
Quite as often as I could have
Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Maybe I didn't hold you
All those lonely, lonely times
And I guess I never told you
I'm so happy that you're mine

If I made you feel second best
Girl I'm so sorry I was blind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind

Tell me, tell me that your sweet love hasn't died
Give me, give me one more chance to keep you satisfied, satisfied

Little things I should have said and done
I just never took the time
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind
You were always on my mind



Another song that describes how I feel about my beautiful wife.



To my beautiful wife, we certainly had a rocky marriage. I take most of the blame for the rocky times. I just have a couple of things to say: I'm sorry and thank you.

I'm sorry for:
-Not being as good of a husband as I should have been.
-For taking almost 16 years to learn what I have to do, then for being too little too late.



-For not honoring my Priesthood as I should have.
-For stopping courting and romancing you, possibly my biggest regret. Not only is it easy to do, but it can be very inexpensively. And as you so accurately pointed out it would have enhanced the relationship for both of us. I'm just shaking my head at my complete stupidity in this regard.
-For letting myself go physically. As you know before we separated I started exercising. I'll let you know as of this morning I have lost 10.7 pounds. I'm still far from being in great shape but I'm getting a lot better. I'm making those changes in my life to continue to lose weight. As you know my goal is to fit into my old suits by the end of this year. Even though we are getting divorced I'm going to continue to work on all these things.
-For having trouble finding and keeping a job that could support us financially. I'm still looking I hope to find one of those kinds of jobs one day. That's whether we are married or not.






Thank you:

With this song I'm establishing all the good things I got out of this relationship, my wife was never like the person that is described in this song. What an amazing song and an amazing voice:



-Thank you for four wonderful children, who very much are still a work in progress for both of us.
-For being such a great wife to me and mother to our children.
-Thank you for holding on for so long when it was such a struggle for you.
-Thank you for how well you fill out a pair of jeans, you were looking very good in the skirt you were wearing yesterday. I'm including this video becuse I know this song always amuses you:



-Thank you for being my friend and someone I can always talk to.
-Thank you for making me want to be better.
-For putting up with my "American Idol", Diet Coke and journal writing obsessions for so long.
-For always trying to make things better for our family.
-For all the the times you made me smile :)
-Thank you for inspiring me to write a blog, thanks also for all the satisfaction I get out of it. That's even though you are the main reader.
-Thanks for helping me expand my previously limited choice of foods that I eat.
-Thanks for being worthy to marry me in the temple, even though my stupidity undermined that.

Clint Black's "Better Man", how appropriate is the line "One day we're rolling in the clover, the next thing you know we take a fall".



In fact here's all the lyrics, the person who wrote this song almost describes our relationship now perfectly.

What do you say when it's over
I don't know if I should say anything at all
One day we're rollin' in the clover
Next thing you know we take the fall

Still, I think about the years since I first met you
And the way it might have been without you here
And I don't know if words from me can still upset you
But I've just gotta make this memory stand clear

I know I'm leavin' here a better man
For knowin' you this way
Things I couldn't do before, now I think I can
And I'm leavin here a better man

I guess I always knew I couldn't hold you
But I'd never be the one to set you free
Just like some old nursery rhyme your mama told you
You still believe in some old meant-to-be

Still I'm leavin' here a better man
For knowin' you this way
Things I couldn't do before, now I think I can
And I'm leavin' here a better man

Yes I'm leavin' here a better man
For knowin' you this way
Things I couldn't do before, now I know I can
And I'm leavin' here a better man

Yes I'm leavin' here a better man


For the hell of it, this is probably my favorite Black Eyed Peas song:

No comments:

Favorites