Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Love PoemTo My Wife

Hello,

Yesterday I wrote that my wife had requested a divorce. As a gentleman I accepted, but with great sadness. Although were getting divorced (that's so painful to write) I still love her. Yesterday I had some songs and videos about when love ends and the pain involved. I'm going to flip that a bit to all the great things of love. This may seem sappy, but it's very sincere. I love you S

Here are 14 songs and videos to describe my mixed feelings over the last couple of days, focusing on the positives of love. The first song is a little bit sad but it's by one of my wife's favorite singers. The way this video is cut is very awesome and helps explains the feeling of love when you connect to that special person.



Here's another classic love song by Celine:



This may be the greatest love song of all-time:



What a great song:



The song comes on at the 1:30 minute mark. This is not a song to listen to when you realize how stupid one has been. Yes another cheesy 80's video.



Another REO Speedwagon song, a true love classic. I like the videos with the lyrics because great music and great lyrics can say I love you sometimes better than I can.



This is a song I had never heard but is very powerful, Steel Magnolia's "Keep On Loving You".



REO Speedwagon's "Keep On Loving You". Two powerful songs with the same title but dramatically different songs. I want to change a lyric in this song to "I should have known by the tone of your voice but I didn't listen".



One more from REO Speedwagon:



One of the most beautiful love songs of all-time sung by the best Journey singer ever Steve Perry



What happens when you don't take care of your spouse, this song does have a bit of hope though.



I won't ever stop believing:



Please ignore the video, close your eyes and listen to this amazing song by the Dixie Chicks. Natalie Maines is such a great singer. What an amazing voice!



A fairly new song by the gorgeous Katherine McPhee:



I know I will get made fun of for this blog and that is okay. It's just so hard to let go a woman I love so much. This is a work in progress I will be adding more as the day goes by. Never stop showing affection and romancing your spouse.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites