Sunday, March 21, 2010

I Do Need To Get On With My Life, "AI" Top 12

Hello,

Obviously last week was Rolling Stones week, I'm just listing the song title.

12) Tim Urban (last week: 14) did a reggae version of "Under My Thumb" that didn't work at all. I just don't get how he's still in the competition. Yes I know all those tweens that are voting with their eyes not their ears.

11) Lacey Brown (last week: 12) sang "Ruby Tuesday", it was a bit of a wierd arranagement especially when she sang the line "still I'm going to miss you" way too fast. Yes I do know that she has been booted off the show. Neither her or Urban are going to ever be musical superstars but Brown is better than Urban.

10) Katie Stevens (last week: 11) continues to flounder as she didn't do much with Wild Horses". The judges keep on saying she should stay young. Granted the Rolling Stones are an older band, but Alicia Keys does have a version of "Wild Horses" she sings with Maroon 5's Adam Levine. Their version is pretty amazing and sounds fairly current. You can't do wrong with Alicia Keys.

9) Michael Lynche (last week: 5) sang an R&B cover of "Miss You" that sounded nothing like the original.



8) Andrew Garcia (last week: 6) sang "Gimme Shelter". Kara gave Andrew crap for not making an emotional connection with that song. I listened to the original today, Mick Jagger sings it pretty subdued as well. I'm not sure what she's talking about.

7) Lee Dewyze (last week: 2) sang a forgettable version of "Beast of Burden". Also dude you've got to start showing some personality.

6) Aaron Kelly (last week: 9) sang a surprisingly good version of "Angie". He's best at singing country songs, but he turned this song around to work in his favor.

5) Paige Miles (last week: 13) sang a very solid version of "Honky Tonk Woman". I think it's universally agreed that's her best performance all season. I still would prefer to have Katelyn Epperly in the competition.

4) Didi Benami (last week: 10) sang "Play With Fire" with a little bit of menace and a lot of sex appeal. She's sort of flying under the radar, if she plays it right she can still win this whole competition. Other than if Lee Dewyze or Casey James makes a big move, it could be a Top 3 of women. Of course I already predicted Casey James will win this whole competition.

3) Sioban Magnus (last week: 2) sang "Paint It Black". She did a good job, but not outstanding. It seems she's determined to hold one of those big notes.

2) Casey James (last week: 3) sang a rockin' version of "It's All Over Now". I think week in and week out he and Crystal are the most consistent. I love that he kicks butt on the guitar as well.

1) Crystal Bowersox (last week: 1) sang "You Can't Always Get What You Want". I liked her interpretation of it, I like her version better than the Rolling Stones version.

themusicaddict

No comments:

Favorites